Contact Us

Use the form on the right to contact us.

We will endeavour to respond to your enquiry within 2 business days. Please provide as much information as possible about the event you are planning.

Alternatively you can call us on 1300 292 442 or send us an email:


243 Baylis Street
Wagga Wagga

1300 292 442


Development Applications

The holding of an event in the Wagga Wagga Local Government Area may require a development application. Examples of events that require a development application include:

  • markets that are held on land that is otherwise used as a car park or a recreation area
  • music events within parks
  • car displays held in car parks or recreational areas. 

Some events may be exempt events, covered under Council's Blanket Development Consent for various venues, or a Development Application may be required to be submitted. Please read the below sections carefully to determine which category your event falls into. If you're unsure, we're here to help! So contact us and we are more than happy to go through the process with you.

Exempt Events

There are some events that do not require a Development Application. To be eligible as an exempt event, the following must apply to the event:

  1. Must be located on Council-owned land or land for which the Council has care, control or management.
  2. Must have obtained the written consent of Council.
  3. Must have obtained all required approvals.
  4. Must not involve the closure of any public roads.
  5. Must not have a duration of more than 1 day in any 12-month period.
  6. Total number of people attending the event must not exceed 1000 at any time.
  7. Must not involve the selling of liquor.
  8. Must not involve any permanent of physical change to any land.
  9. Lighting must be provided to facilitate the safe movement of patrons, must not cause glare to adjoining properties and must comply with AS 4282 - 1997, Control of Obtrusive Effects of Outdoor Lighting.
  10. Event (including set up and pack down) must take place only during the following period:
    1. 7:00am to 10:00pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday,
    2. 8:00am to 10:00pm on Sunday.
  11. Toilet facilities must be available as follows:
    1. Female facilities - at least 3 toilets and 1 hand basin,
    2. Male facilities - at least 1 toilet, 1m length of urinal troughs and 1 hand basin.

If you are unsure as to whether your event meets the above requirements or need further clarification please contact us.

Blanket Development Applications

Wagga Wagga City Council has approved Blanket Development Applications (DAs) in place for various types of events to be held at Lake Albert (including Apex Park) and Bolton Park, the Victory Memorial Gardens, the Wollundry Lagoon area, the Playhouse Car Park (cnr Cross Street and Tarcutta Street), and  thye Wagga Beach. 

If you are wanting to hold an event at one of these locations you will be required to submit the following to the Events Unit to determine if your event meets the criteria of the current development applications:

  • Event plan
  • Risk assessment
  • Application for Hire of Council Facilities for an Event
  • Site plan
  • Emergency evacuation plan
  • Copy of certificate of currency for public liability insurance 
  • Copy of liquor licence and proof of communication regarding the event with the local licenceing police (required only if the event includes the sale and/or consumption of alcohol).

Upon booking the venue, you will also be provided with a Deed of Agreement for your booking, the Development Consent Conditions and the Event Management Plan for the venue. Please ensure you read these documents carefully and seek clarification if required as these stipulate what you can and can't do as part of the Blanket Development Consent.

Events Requiring a Development Application

If your event doesn't fit within the Exempt Events or the Blanket Development Applications, you will be required to submit a Development Application.

Applicants should ensure their applications are lodged with Council at least 3 months prior to the event to provide time for assessment and condition requirements to be met. 

If the event is to be held on land that is owned by Wagga Wagga City Council, it will require written consent and the development application signed by the appropriate council member. Alternatively, you need the consent of the property owners. 

A booking is required for the use of Council land such as the Music Bowl at the Botanic Gardens, Bolton Park, Lake Albert/Apex Park, Victory Memorial Gardens, Wollundry Lagoon and other public spaces. You can find more information on the Council Venues page.

Follow the link bellow to find the checklist Council has prepared that outlines the required plans and documents that need to be lodged with an application for an event.